GENESEO, N.Y. - SUNY Geneseo junior midfielder Jordan Penkitis and first-year forward Maggie Phipps each tallied a goal and an assist to lead the Knights over visiting Brockport, 4-0, in State University of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) field hockey play at College Stadium, Wednesday afternoon.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Junior defender Jordan Penkitis drove the ball inside the circle on the right and found first-year forward Cara O'Shea in front for a short re-direct past the Golden Eagle goalie in the ninth minute of action.
- Phipps completed a long run through the Brockport defense for a short finish in the 18th minute.
- Penkitis beat a defender down the right side, turned toward the goal mouth and scored on a six-yard backhander with just over a minute to play in the first half.
- Three minutes into the third quarter, Phipps collected a rebound on the right side and dropped a pass to junior forward Haley Clark, who fired a hard shot off a defender's stick into the cage.
- Phipps has scored eight goals in the Knights' past four games and shares the team lead with Clark at 12 goals apiece.
- Geneseo owns a 7-0 record at home this season, outscoring opponents 40-3 in games played at College Stadium.
- The Knights completed the regular season unbeaten in conference play for just the second time in program history (2010).
Geneseo hosts Rochester in its final game of the regular season on Saturday (Nov. 2) at 1:00 p.m. The Knights will then host fourth-seed Oneonta in the SUNYAC Semifinals next Wednesday (Nov. 6) 4:00 p.m. Second-seeded Cortland will host third-seeded New Paltz in the day's other semifinal.