OSWEGO, N.Y. – SUNY Geneseo junior forward Haley Clark notched a goal and an assist to lead the Knights to a 4-1 victory at Oswego, Saturday, in State University of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) field hockey.
Geneseo (15-2, 5-0 SUNYAC) clinched the top seed for the SUNYAC Tournament as well as its 12th-consecutive victory.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Clark scored on a short rebound to put the Knights on the board in the fourth minute of action.
- First-year Maggie Phipps scored on a rebound just over two minutes later to push the Knights to a 2-0 lead that lasted into the third quarter.
- Oswego scored in the seventh minute of the second half, but Knights' senior defender Julia Kim scored on an unassisted effort less than three minutes later to put the visitors back on top by two.
- Senior forward Erin Nolan scored off a Clark assist during a penalty corner in the 52nd minute to put the game out of reach.
- The Knights are in the hunt for their third SUNYAC Championship and first since 2016. Geneseo is also the tournament top seed for the first time since winning its first conference title in 2010.
- Geneseo out-shot the Lakers, 42-9, including a 24-8 advantage in shots on goal.
- Sophomore goalie Natalie Chojnacki finished with seven saves.
Geneseo hosts Brockport on Wednesday (Oct. 30) at 4:00 p.m. in its final SUNYAC contest of the fall.