HOUGHTON, N.Y. - SUNY Geneseo junior forward Haley Clark recorded one goal and three assists to lead the Knights to a 5-1 victory at Houghton in field hockey action Wednesday.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- First year midfielder Allie Ball finished a penalty corner for her first collegiate goal played in by senior forward Erin Nolan 1:15 into the game before senior forward Elisa Arcara completed another penalty corner attempt two minutes later off a Clark pass for an early 2-0 lead.
- Clark beat the Highlander goalie from close range with 8:36 left in the first period before sophomore defender Liz Burke scored off a Clark feed less than two minutes later to push Geneseo to a 4-0 lead into the second quarter.
- Houghton scored on a successful penalty corner with 6:27 left in the first half.
- Junior defender Jordan Penkitis scored off a Clark feed seven minutes into the third quarter for the lone goal of the second half.
- Geneseo won its sixth-consecutive game.
- The Knights are 8-1 in their last nine outings, out-scoring their opponents, 44-6, during the span.
- Geneseo finished the game with an 18-8 advantage over Houghton in shots.
- Clark has scored 15 points in Geneseo's last five games on five goals and five assists.
Geneseo returns to State University of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) play on Saturday (Oct. 5) with a 1:00 p.m. match at Cortland.