GENESEO, N.Y. – SUNY Geneseo junior forward Haley Clark notched two goals and an assist to lead the Knights to an 8-0 shutout of visiting Morrisville, Saturday, in their State University of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) opener.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Clark opened the scoring 1:57 into the game after re-directing a shot by junior defender Jordan Penkitis inside the near post.
- Senior forward Erin Nolan scored off a Clark assist in the ninth minute of action before Clark cleaned up a short rebound less than three minutes later to push Geneseo to a 3-0 lead heading into the second quarter.
- Junior forward Hayley Fonfara scored back-to-back goals in a four-minute span of the second quarter as Geneseo built a five-goal halftime lead.
- Sophomore midfielder Katherine Kreiss scored her first goal of the season on a short rebound in the 12th minute of the third quarter.
- First-year forward Isabella Vinciguerra and first-year midfielder Cassidy Sturdevant each tacked on their first collegiate goals during the final seven minutes of regulation to put the game out of reach.
- Geneseo earned its third consecutive shutout and haven't allowed a goal in almost 210 minutes dating back to the first minute of the fourth quarter during its 3-1 win at Nazareth (Sept. 18). It was also the Knights' fifth shutout of the season.
- Geneseo won its fifth-straight decision and has earned a victory in seven of its last eight outings.
Geneseo heads to Houghon on Wednesday (Oct. 2) for a 5:00 p.m. match with the Highlanders.