WASHINGTON, Pa. – SUNY Geneseo senior forward Elisa Arcara scored two goals to lead the Knights to a 3-1 victory at Washington & Jefferson, Saturday.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The teams were scoreless into the second quarter before the Presidents got on the board with 4:45 left in the half.
- Just over three minutes later, junior defender Kelly McKeveny flipped a ball from the top of the arc into a crowd in front of the W&J goal on a restart. Arcara came up with a loose ball and scored on a five-yard shot to knot the score heading into halftime.
- Geneseo was awarded a penalty corner with seconds remaining in the third quarter. Senior forward Erin Nolan received a pass just outside the left post and scored on a short finish as the quarter expired.
- The Knights were awarded a penalty stroke with under nine minutes remaining in regulation after the Presidents' goalie came off her line and was called for a foul inside the arc during a Geneseo push. Arcara scored to put the game out of reach.
- Geneseo finished with a 14-4 shooting advantage, including a 12-3 edge in shots on goal.
- The Knights earned 10 penalty corners to the Presidents' three.
- Sophomore goalie Natalie Chojnacki made two saves to earn the victory.
Geneseo heads to Nazareth this Wednesday (Sept. 18) for a 6:00 p.m. start with the Golden Flyers.