GENESEO, N.Y. – SUNY Geneseo senior forward Erin Nolan scored two goals to lead the Knights to a 4-1 victory over visiting Skidmore in field hockey action, Saturday.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Senior forward Elisa Arcara made a 25-yard run on the Skimore net and scored on a short backhander inside the right post to put the Knights (3-1) on the board with under two minutes remaining in the first quarter.
- Junior forward Haley Clark sent a ball toward the Thoroughbred cage from the top of the arc before first-year forward Maggie Phipps tipped a quick cross to Nolan for a short finish just under two minutes into the second quarter.
- Junior forward Haley Clark took control of a ball at the top of the arc and scored on an eight-yard shot that caromed off the goalie's pads in the final minute of the first half to stake the Knights to a 3-0 lead at intermission.
- Eleven minutes into the third quarter, Arcara took a shot from the point that Nolan deflected inside the left post for a 4-0 Geneseo lead.
- Skidmore (0-2) got on the board in the 41st minute after first-year forward Morgan Sickles beat a Geneseo defender back on a long run and scored on a short flip inside the right post.
- Geneseo's victory was the first in 10 all-time meetings opposite Skidmore.
- The Knights finished the game with a 27-9 shot advantage, including a 19-8 total in shots on goal.
- Geneseo sophomore goalie Natalie Chojnacki ended the game with seven saves.
Geneseo kicks off a three-game road swing at St. John Fisher this Wednesday (Sept. 11) at 7:00 p.m.