Posted: Oct 31, 2018
NEW PALTZ, N.Y. - SUNY Geneseo junior defender Julia Kim scored two goals, but it was host New Paltz taking a 3-2 win in the State University of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) Tournament Semifinals, Wednesday.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Kim opened the scoring in the 18th minute during a penalty corner on a pass from sophomore midfielder Jordan Penkitis.
- New Paltz responded less than five minutes later after sophomore forward Carly Croteau scored on her own rebound.
- The Hawks took a 2-1 lead after senior defender Samantha Ackerman tipped a shot by Jessica Ascencao into the Geneseo goal.
- In the second half, Kim converted a pass from Penkitis during a penalty corner to even the score, 2-2, with 13:19 on the clock.
- First-year midfielder Shannon Bernhardt scored the game-winning goal for New Paltz on a pass from Croteau in the 65th minute.
- Geneseo (9-7) outshot New Paltz, 25-13, with a 19-11 advantage in shots on goal.
- The Knights finished with a 13-7 edge in penalty corners.
- Geneseo made its ninth-consecutive postseason appearance, while facing New Paltz for the fifth time in the last six SUNYAC Tournaments.