ROCHESTER, N.Y. - The SUNY Geneseo field hockey team fell at No. 9 Rochester, 1-0, Saturday.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Rochester scored in the 15th minute when Emma Schlecter tipped a shot by Colleen Maillie from the top of the circle into the net for what proved to be the lone goal of the evening.
- The Knights (9-6) held the Yellowjackets to only three shots on goal the rest of the way, including one in the second half, but couldn't find the equalizer.
- Rochester (17-1) outshot Geneseo, 8-0, including a 3-0 advantage in shots on goal.
- The Yellowjackets finished with a 2-0 edge in penalty corners.
- Geneseo first-year head coach Margaret McConnell spent the previous two seasons as the top assistant coach for Rochester.
The Knights travel to New Paltz on Wednesday (Oct. 31) for the State University of New York Athletic Conference Semifinals, set to start at 2 p.m. Geneseo is seeded fourth for the tournament while the Hawks are the top seed.