SARATOGA SPRINGS, N.Y. - SUNY Geneseo first-year goalkeeper Natalie Chojnacki made six saves and sophomore back Kelly McKeveny recorded a defensive save but the host Thoroughbreds earned a 1-0 victory against the Knights on Saturday afternoon.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Skidmore tallied the only goal of the game in the 15th minute of play. McKeveny cleared a shot off the goal line, but the clearance went directly to a Thoroughbred attacker and was put in for a goal.
- The Knights placed three shots on goal in the first half, but could not level the score and went into halftime trailing, 1-0.
- In the second half, senior attacker Gabriella Clare put a pair of shots on goal in the first five minutes but was turned away on both attempts. Junior forward Elisa Arcara had a quality opportunity to draw the Knights even in the 69th minute, but her shot was saved as well.
- Geneseo registered 10 shots to Skidmore's 12, and earned six penalty corners while conceding seven.
- McKeveny recorded her third defensive save of the season and the eighth of her career, moving her into fourth in program history.
Geneseo (2-2) will host St. John Fisher on Wednesday, Sept. 12 at 7:00 p.m.