PITTSFORD, N.Y. - SUNY Geneseo junior forward Gabriella Clare scored two goals to lead the Knights to a 4-1 victory at Nazareth on Saturday.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Geneseo got on the board with less than nine minutes left in the first half after Clare scored off a defensive deflection.
- Nazareth got on the board less than three minutes later after junior defender Emily Prescott scored off an assist by first-year midfielder Alexandra Livesey as the teams entered halftime tied, 1-1.
- The Knights scored three goals during a three minute span with less than 10 minutes left in regulation.
- Senior defender Morgan Maley took a free hit and drove the ball into the net with 9:37 on the clock
- Clare followed with her second goal in front of an empty net off a pass from senior forward Giovanna Fasanello at 8:04
- Fasanello closed scoring with an unassisted goal at 6:38.
- Geneseo (10-5) out-shot Nazareth (2-14) 37-10, including a 25-1 advantage in the second half.
- This game marks Clare's fourth multi-goal game on the season and seventh of her collegiate career.
- The Knights had the upper hand in corners (13-5), including a 8-0 advantage in the second half.
ALSO OF NOTE
Geneseo will be the No. 4 seed for the State University of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) Tournament and will travel to top-seeded Cortland on Wednesday, Nov. 1 for the semifinals at at time to be announced. Second-seeded Oneonta will also host third-seeded New Paltz in the day's other semifinal with the two winners moving on to the championship match on Nov. 4 on the home turf of the highest-remaining seed.
Geneseo travels to Houghton on Wednesday (Oct. 25) for a 7:00 p.m. match.