ROCHESTER, N.Y. - SUNY Geneseo senior Elise Ramirez finished 3rd out of 212 runners in her season debut to lead the Knights to a first place finish at the Yellowjacket invitational hosted by University of Rochester, on Saturday at Genesee Valley Park.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Senior Elise Ramirez crossed the 6-kilometer finish line with a time of 23:04.3.
- Junior Taylor Rettig was the Knights' second finisher, crossing in 4th with a time of 23:12.1.
- Sophomore Genny Corcoran finished 7th (23:31.1), followed by Junior Dana Cebulski (23:46.6) in 9th and Allie Fernandez (23:44.3) in 10th to close the Knights' top-five.
- Geneseo won the team title with a total of 28 points, followed by University of Rochester with 51 points, and RPI with 99 points.
- Rochester Senior Rachel Bargabos finished first in the 6k with a time of 22:46.6.
Geneseo will take part in the Harry F. Anderson Invitational hosted by Roberts Wesleyan, on Saturday, Sept. 22.