ROCHESTER, N.Y. – SUNY Geneseo first-year outside hitter Gabrielle Ayzenberg totaled eight kills and seven digs, but it was the Knights falling to Vassar, 3-0 (25-11, 25-19, 25-22) on the first day of action at the RIT Invitational.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- In the first, Vassar (18-3) used an 8-0 run to build a 14-3 en route to the 14-point win.
- Geneseo (16-7) moved ahead, 19-15, in a close second set, but the Brewers responded by scoring 10 of the final 11 points to earn the victory.
- The Knights took an early 7-3 lead in the third, but found themselves in a 13-9 hole. Geneseo came back within one, 17-16, but Vassar fended off the comeback to close the match.
- Geneseo is now 0-2 against Vassar this season after the Brewers also earned a 3-0 home sweep (Sept. 30) that snapped the Knights' 10-match unbeaten streak.
- Sophomore outside hitter Abby May tied Ayzenberg with a team-high eight kills while also adding five digs.
Geneseo plays two more matches at the RIT Invitational on Saturday, starting with the host Tigers at 10:00 a.m. before squaring off with Nazareth at 2:00 p.m.