CORTLAND, N.Y. – The SUNY Geneseo track & field teams competed at the Atlantic Region Outdoor Championships, Wednesday and Thursday, hosted by Cortland.
- The women's 4x400 team comprised of senior Erin MacDougall, sophomore Kayla Barber and first-years Anna Flaitz and Madision Mulder set a meet record in besting the field.
- Senior Hannah Madden finished runner-up in the 400 hurdles (1:02.45) while classmate Julianna Lauricella placed fifth (1:03.69).
- Junior Alexa LaPierre tied for third in the high jump (1.59m/5' 2.5") while senior Laura Piazza tied for seventh (1.59m/5' 2.5").
- Senior Gillan Faulkner was the men's top finisher, crossing second in the 800 (1:53.37)
- Faulkner also joined senior Zachery Hannahoe and first-years Kieran Sheridan and Shane Ferris to post a third-place effort in the 4x400 relay (3:16.73) with a program record-breaking time.
- Sheridan also placed fourth in the 400 (49.19).
- The Geneseo women placed seventh with 46.5 points out of 40 teams in the field while the men placed 13th out of 41 with 31 points.
Geneseo will send competitors to the NCAA Division III Outdoor Championships next Thursday-Saturday (May 23-25) at the SPIRE Institute in Geneva, Ohio.
TOP WOMEN'S COMPETITORS
1. Geneseo (Anna Flaitz, Madison Mulder, Kayla Barber, Erin MacDougall) 3:50.78 (Meet Record)
5. Chloe Weaver 38:53.76
7. Laura Piazza 3.53m (11' 7")
7. Annibell Coolican 4:48.12
6. Erin MacDougall 15.08 (14.80 in prelims)
5. Anna Flaitz 57.71
8. Shayna Held 3,614 points
7. Emily Salvemini 5.61m (18' 5")
TOP MEN'S COMPETITORS
7. Michael Hartcorn 15.03 (14.86 in prelims)
3. Geneseo (Kieran Sheridan, Gillan Faulkner, Shane Ferris, Zachery Hannahoe) 3:16.73 (Progam Record)
4. Zachary Curran 4.78m (15' 8.25")
5. Josh Feldberg 14.31m (46' 11.5")
4. Kieran Sheridan 49.19 (Tied for fifth in program history)
2. Gillan Faulkner 1:53.37
8. Ethan Bellante 1:55:50