BROCKPORT, N.Y. - The SUNY Geneseo men's and women's track & field teams competed at the Brockport Golden Eagle Invite, Saturday.
- Junior Laura Piazza improved on her own program record with a winning height of 3.56 meters (11 feet, 8 inches) in the pole vault. Sophomore Sarah Bronk finished second (3.46m/11' 4.25") with a performance that was the second-highest in program history.
- Junior Shayna Held finished second in the 200 with a program record 26.04 clocking and later placed second in the long jump with the third-longest jump (5.56m/18' 3") ever by a Knight.
- Senior Camille Wutz won the 60-meter dash (7.82) while also finishing fourth in the 200 (26.58) with the sixth-fastest time in program history.
- First-year Brendan Murphy won the 800 (1:57.00), edging senior Jimmy Martin (1:58.10) who placed third.
- First-year Andrew Moschetto ran to third place in the 400 (51.93).
Both squads return to action next Friday and Saturday (Feb. 24-25) at the State University of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) Championships, hosted by Brockport.
TOP WOMEN'S FINISHERS
4. Alexa LaPierre 1.59m (5' 2.5") (TIED FOR 8TH IN PROGRAM HISTORY)
2. Allie Barlowe 14.65m (48' 0.75")
2. Shayna Held 5.56m (18' 3") (THIRD IN PROGRAM HISTORY)
5. Jennifer Joseph 10.73m (35' 2.5")
TOP MEN'S FINISHERS
3. Jacob Converse 8.64
5. Chris Walter 7.22
5. Kevin Palmisano 4.28m (14' 0.5")