BROCKPORT, N.Y/ITHACA, N.Y. - The SUNY Geneseo women's track & field team split up to compete at the Brockport Invitation and the Cornell Kane Invitational, Saturday.
- The Cornell contigent was led by a first-place finish in the 5,000 by junior Elise Ramirez (17:41.62).
- Junior Laura Piazza also broke her own program record with a sixth-place finish in the pole vault (3.50m/11' 5.75"), while sophomore Sarah Bronk notched the second-best performance (3.35m/10' 11.75") in finishing eighth.
- At Brockport, junior Hannah Madden won the 60-meter hurdles (9.36) while senior Camille Wutz won the 60-meter dash (7.92 in prelims)
- Sophomore Alexa LaPierre was also victorious in the high jump (1.58m/5' 2.25")
- Geneseo will be back in action next weekend with athletes competing at both the Ithaca Winter Invitationl and the Tufts Invitational next Saturday (Feb. 3).
TOP GENESEO FINISHERS - CORNELL
1. Elise Ramirez 17:41.62
8. Allison Fernandez 5:10.03
8. Lauren Bamford 1:03.44
7. Allison Fernandez 1:22.34
7. Roisin O'Neill 3:12.63
TOP GENESEO FINISHERS - BROCKPORT
8. Allie Barlowe 11.44m (37' 6.5" – fifth in program history)
2. Hannah Madden 11.10m (36' 5" – tied for fifth in program history)