GENESEO, N.Y. - The SUNY Geneseo women's soccer team took down Fredonia, 4-0, at College Stadium on Saturday, dealing the Blue Devils their first conference loss of the season.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- In the eighth minute, sophomore forward Miranda Ozimek followed a blocked shot with a one-touch finish to put the Knights ahead, 1-0.
- Senior midfielder Caitie Cunningham scored her third goal in as many games when she went bar-down with a one-timer from 18 yards out in the 21st minute.
- Just 2:20 later, junior forward Domenica Piccoli scored her fourth goal of the season, heading home a rebound off the crossbar to make it 3-0.
- In the second half, junior midfielder Sarah Loprieno netted the first goal of her career, finishing off a cross from first-year Hannah Sullivan to extend the lead to 4-0.
- The Knights (7-2-1, 4-0-0) sit alone at the top of the SUNYAC standings as the only team without a loss in conference play.
- Geneseo held Fredonia without a shot for the entirety of the game while racking up 38 of their own.
- Cunningham's three-game scoring streak is the longest by a Geneseo player since Audrey Reid '18 scored in seven consecutive games last season.
- Senior goalkeeper Emily Janiszewski did not face a shot in nearly 70 minutes, while sophomore Marissa Quimby played the final 20 minutes in goal.
Geneseo will travel to Oneonta on Friday, Oct. 5 for a SUNYAC contest against the Red Dragons, with kickoff scheduled for 4:00 p.m.