PLATTSBURGH, N.Y. - SUNY Geneseo senior forward Audrey Reid recorded an assist and the game-winning goal as the No. 12 Knights earned a victory over Plattsburgh, 2-1, at the Field House Complex on Saturday afternoon.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Geneseo and Plattsburgh played through a scoreless first half, but the Cardinals took a 1-0 lead in the 53rd minute.
- Just over a minute later, Reid found sophomore forward Domenica Piccoli for a goal that leveled the match at 1-1 in the 54th minute.
- With just under 12 minutes to play, Reid collected a deflected ball near the top of the 18-yard box and fired off a shot that beat the goalkeeper high that proved to be the eventual game-winner.
- Reid recorded her 17th goal of the season and dished off her sixth assist of the year to put her point tally at 40, passing Betsy Balling (1993), Annie Beinetti (2011) and Julie Rivers (1987) for most points in a single season in Geneseo history.
- The Knights are 6-0-0 in games in which Piccoli scores at least one goal this season.
- The 1:02 that Geneseo trailed marked just the fourth game this season in which the Knights have trailed. The team is 2-1-1 in those four games.
Geneseo will travel to Houghton on Tuesday, Oct. 24 to take on the Highlanders before entering the postseason.