GENESEO, N.Y. - The SUNY Geneseo women's soccer team dropped its first game of the season, falling to State University of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) rival Oswego, 1-0, Saturday at College Stadium.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Lakers scored the lone goal of the match in the 54th minute when senior midfielder Sarah Grupp tapped in a cross by junior midfielder Audrey Burbridge from close range.
- The Knights had a pair of significant scoring chances in the second half; sophomore forward Domenica Piccoli had her header saved by Laker sophomore goalkeeper Emma Allen while senior forward Audrey Reid saw a free kick hit the crossbar in the 84th minute.
- Geneseo outshot Oswego 13-8, including a 7-2 advantage in the second half
- Reid and senior midfielder Leah Greene were celebratedin a pre-game Senior Day ceremony. The due has been a part of 48 wins during their four-year careers wearing Knights uniforms.
- Geneseo has not earned a victory over Oswego in its past three meetings, posting an 0-2-1 mark against the Lakers.
The Knights return to action on Friday (Oct. 20) as they travel to face Potsdam in a SUNYAC matchup at 3 p.m.