FREDONIA, N.Y. - SUNY Geneseo sophomore forward Domenica Piccoli scored twice as the Knights earned a 3-0 victory over State University of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) foe Fredonia on Saturday afternoon.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Piccoli struck in the 18th minute of play, her second goal in as many games, to give the Knights a 1-0 lead.
- In the 31st, junior midfielder Catherine Cunningham earned an assist as she found Piccoli for her second goal of the game.
- Minutes later, Geneseo earned a foul in the box and senior forward Audrey Reid stepped up and finished the ensuing penalty kick, extending the lead to 3-0.
- Junior goalkeeper Emily Janiszewski was tested just once, making the save to earn her fifth shutout of the season.
- Piccoli registered her first career multi-goal game, tying Reid for the team lead in goals (5).
- Janiszewski recorded her fifth clean sheet of the season and the 23rd of her career, moving her into third in Geneseo history in the category.
- The Knights (7-0-1) are undefeated through eight games, marking their best start since 2014 when they began the season 6-0-1.
Geneseo will host Oneonta on Friday (Sept. 29) in another SUNYAC match.