FARMINGDALE, N.Y. - SUNY Geneseo junior Jennifer Moran scored her second goal of the season, bringing the No. 15 Knights level as they earned a 1-1 draw against Farmingdale State College on Sunday afternoon.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- In the third minute, Farmingdale State forward Edasia Ramirez netted a goal off a cross from the right flank, putting the Rams ahead, 1-0.
- Geneseo was held to just one shot in the first half and went into the break trailing by a goal.
- First-year Ellie Gregory beat a defender and found Moran in front of the net who buried a shot from 10 yards out to tie the game in the 53rd minute.
- Gregory fired a shot off the goalie's hands and then off the post in the second overtime period as the Knights outshot the Rams 4-0 in the two extra frames, but were unable to find the game-winner.
- Farmingdale State's goal in the third minute broke the Knights' streak of 435 consecutive minutes without allowing a score.
- Geneseo outshot its opponent 9-1 after halftime, with a 5-1 advantage in the second half and a 4-0 advantage in the overtime periods.
- Junior goalkeeper Emily Janiszewski finished with three saves.
The Knights (5-0-1) remain undefeated as they begin conference play with a trip to Buffalo State on Friday (Sept. 22).