CANTON, N.Y. - SUNY Geneseo senior forward Audrey Reid and sophomore forward Domenica Piccoli netted second half goals to propel the Knights to a comeback victory, 2-1, over the host St. Lawrence on Friday evening in Canton.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Saints took a 1-0 lead in the 18th minute on a goal by Kaleigh White.
- At the 64:03 mark, Reid collected a punt from junior goalkeeper Emily Janiszewski, beat a defender a launched a shot from 25 yards out past the Saints' keeper to tie the game at 1-1.
- Just 3:07 later, the Knights won a goal kick in the air, pushing the ball forward to Piccoli who screened off a defender and slotted the ball far post for the eventual game-winner.
- Janiszewski collected 10 saves to preserve the win.
- Reid has now scored in two consecutive season-openers, netting the Knights lone tally in a 1-1 draw against Rochester to open the 2016 season.
- Dating back to last season, Piccoli has registered five points in her last four games. She scored a goal against Oneonta (Nov. 2, 2016) and passed off an assist against Plattsburgh (Oct. 22, 2016).
- The Knights are now 4-0-0 in games in which Piccoli scores.
- Geneseo improves to 3-0-1 in the team's past four season-openers. The Knights have not lost a season-opener since 2013.
Geneseo (1-0-0) will travel to Potsdam, N.Y. to take on Clarkson on Saturday at 2:00 p.m. in the second leg of the North Country Classic.