BUFFALO, N.Y. – SUNY Genseo senior attacker Rachel Fisher scored a career-high five goals to lead the No. 12 Knights to a 20-4 victory at Buffalo State in State University of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) women's lacrosse action, Wednesday.
Undefeated Geneseo (11-0, 4-0 SUNYAC) broke a program record with its 11th-consecutive victory, eclipsing the 2014 squad's 10-game winning streak.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Fisher opened the scoring 2:08 into the contest with the first of her four first-half goals as the Knights out-scored the Bengals, 12-0, in the first 30-minutes of play.
- Geneseo built a 13-0 lead with 25:55 on the second-half clock before Buffalo State (6-6, 2-1 SUNYAC) got on the board with back-to-back tallies for an 13-2 score at 17:43.
- First-year midfielder Megan Henderson kicked off a 4-0 run as the visitors reclaimed a 17-2 edge at 9:09.
- The Knights out-scored Buffalo State, 3-2, the rest of the way.
- Geneseo's margin of victory was the largest since a 20-3 win over visiting New Paltz in 2016.
- The Knights notched their fifth 20-goal game in the last three seasons, tying the high-water mark for goals since a 21-10 win over Buffalo State in 2014.
- Geneseo is unbeaten in its last eight games versus Buffalo State and improved to 15-6 in 21 all-time meetings with the Bengals.
Geneseo hosts No. 21 Cortland at 12:00 p.m. on Saturday in a matchup of the lone remaining SUNYAC squad's without a conference loss.