GENESEO, N.Y. - SUNY Geneseo sophomore midfielder Tessa Doody totaled three goals and two assists as the No.12 Knights earned a 15-3 home victory over State University of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) foe New Paltz, Saturday.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Geneseo (10-0, 3-0 SUNYAC) started the game with two-straight tallies, as senior midfielder Halee Beebe and first-year attacker Hannah Marafioti each found the net. The Hawks added a goal two minutes later to make the score 2-1 at 23:00.
- The Knights responded with seven unanswered goals and held a 9-1 advantage heading into halftime.
- Doody scored the opening goal of the second half at 28:07. Geneseo outscored New Paltz, 5-2, over the remainder of the game to secure the win.
- Junior midfielder Mallory Max finished the game with two goals and two assists, while junior goalkeeper Tess McFadden compiled six saves.
- Senior defender Karen Boronczyk scored her first goal of the season and fifth of her career, and finished with three ground balls and three caused turnovers.
- This victory marks the 10th-straight for the Knights, tying the longest winning-streak in program history.
Geneseo returns to action Wednesday (April 11), traveling to SUNYAC rival Buffalo State at 4:00 p.m.