GENESEO N.Y. - SUNY Geneseo first-year guard Natalie Alfieri poured in a career-high 19 points and grabbed six boards as the Knights topped State University of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) rival Brockport, 82-56, Saturday at Schrader Gymnasium.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Junior forward McKenna Brooks finished with 11 points in the first quarter and Alfieri added six points as Geneseo (19-2, 13-0 SUNYAC) led 22-14 after the opening period.
- Brockport junior forward Emily Nestler had seven of her 16 points in the second quarter, but Alfieri led the Knights with five, while first-year forward Kerrin Montgomery and sophomore guard Sara Ciotti tallied four points each as Geneseo went into halftime leading, 44-30.
- The Knights outscored Brockport (10-11, 8-6 SUNYC) 18-11 in the third quarter. First-year guard Lindsay Halpin scored nine points as the Knights led 60-44 heading into the final frame.
- Nine different players scored for Geneseo in the fourth quarter as the Knights netted 22 points on 8-for-14 shooting to finish off the game.
- Alfieri's 19 points was a career high, topping her 17-point performance against Plattsburgh on December 9th.
- The Knights have won four-straight contests against the Golden Eagles. Their last loss came at home on February 5th, 2016, when they lost 66-64.
- Brooks scored in double figures for the 17th time this season after netting 13 points, Saturday.
Geneseo returns to action Friday (Feb. 9) when they face SUNYAC opponent New Paltz at 5:30 p.m.