BUFFALO, N.Y. - SUNY Geneseo sophomore guard Sara Ciotti scored a career-high 19 points and junior forward McKenna Brooks added 14 points and 10 rebounds for her second-straight double-double as the Knights earned a 58-36 win at Buffalo State on Tuesday night in State University of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) action.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Geneseo (18-2, 13-0 SUNYAC) took a 9-2 lead in the first few minutes behind four points from Ciotti, and finished the opening quarter with a 15-6 lead.
- In the second quarter, Buffalo State pulled to within four points after a 10-5 run, but the Knights held the Bengals scoreless for the final 6:15 of the half as they finished the half on a 16-0 run to take a 36-16 lead into the halftime break.
- Ciotti led the Knights with seven points in the second half, while first-year guard Lindsay Halpin scored five to help the Knights maintain a double-digit lead.
- Geneseo led by as many as 25 points as they closed out the game and earned the win.
- The Knights forced 22 turnovers, scored 30 points off of turnovers and outscored the Bengals in the paint, 26-10.
- Geneseo held its opponent to fewer than 40 points for the sixth time this season, limiting Buffalo State to 31.1% (14-for-45) shooting from the floor.
- Brooks notched her sixth double-double of the season, the most in the SUNYAC this season.
The Knights will return to action on Saturday, Feb. 3 when they host Brockport at 1:00 p.m. The team will honor the 1992-93 women's basketball team in a brief halftime ceremony.