GENESEO, N.Y. - SUNY Geneseo first-year guard Natalie Alfieri netted a career-high 17 points to lead four Knights in double-digits as the hosts earned a State University of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) victory over Plattsburgh, 73-45, on Saturday afternoon at Schrader Gym.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- After Plattsburgh (2-6, 2-2) cut the lead to 10-6, sophomore guard Kelsey Poplawski scored five of the Knights' next seven points to lead Geneseo (8-1, 4-0) to a 17-6 edge at the end of the first quarter.
- Sophomore guard Sara Ciotti scored 12 points in the second quarter, while the Knights held the Cardinals to just 10 in the frame, as the Knights took a 34-16 lead into the halftime break.
- After trading baskets for most of the quarter, the Knights scored the final six points to extend their lead to 52-29.
- Geneseo did not allow Plattsburgh within 20 points the rest of the way as the team closed out the win in the fourth quarter.
- Junior guard Kelsey Poplawski netted a career-high 14 points, while Ciotti finished with 12 points and seven assists.
- Geneseo forced Plattsburgh into 20 turnovers, converting them in 21 points off turnovers.
- The Knights have won 17-straight regular season home games, dating back to the 2015-16 season.
Geneseo will return after the holiday to host Medaille on Saturday, Dec. 30 with game time schedule for 4:00 p.m.