CLERMONT, FLA. - SUNY Geneseo junior outfielder Alyssa Persich began the day with her 100th career hit and ended it with a walk-off two-run double as the Knights defeated Ohio Wesleyan, 6-1, in their first game and downed Hamilton, 2-1, in their second game of the day.
- Junior pitcher Taylor Moore worked out of a two-on, no-out jam in the first inning and the Knights responded with a two-out rally in the second. Persich recorded her 100th career hit, ripping an RBI double off the right field fence, and came home to score on an RBI double to left-center by junior Kylie Papagelos.
- Persich plated sophomore Brooke Wolff with an RBI single in the top of the fourth to increase the lead to 3-0.
- Senior Claire VanNewkirk and junior Taylor Fedor tacked on runs in the top of the fifth when they took back-to-back pitches long, VanNewkirk to right and Fedor to straight-away center, to make it 5-0. Persich recorded her third RBI of the day with a bloop single to left to put the Knights ahead, 6-0.
- Moore finished the game with a complete game win, allowing one earned run on nine hits for her third victory of the season.
- Junior pitcher Jasmine Petrishin twirled a complete game, allowing one unearned run over seven innings on six hits, while punching out three.
- Geneseo trailed 1-0 in the top of the seventh inning with one out and threatened with runners on the corners but first-year first baseman Nicole Fyvie snagged a line drive and stepped on first for the second and third outs of the inning.
- In the bottom of the seventh, VanNewkirk drew a pinch-hit walk and Fedor laid down a bunt single to set the table for Persich. She roped a double into the right-center gap, that brought home both runners to give Geneseo a 2-1 walk-off win.
- Persich finished 4-for-7 from the plate with two doubles and five RBI, while Papagelous went 3-for-4 with a double and an RBI in game one. Sophomore Maddison Tucker went 2-for-3 in game two.
- Through eight games, the Knights' pitching staff has compiled a 1.96 ERA. Moore (3-0) improved her ERA to 1.24 on the season while sophomore Ashlyn Kersch leads the team with a 0.58 ERA.
- Papagelos (.643) leads nine Knights batting .400 or better, while Persich leads the team with seven RBI.
The Knights will take on University of New England at 9:00 a.m. on Thursday, and will take on Marian (Wisc.) at 11:30.