ROCHESTER, N.Y. - SUNY Geneseo senior Scott Guyton earned a first-place finish in the 100 Fly, and swam in three first-place relays as the Knights took down local rival Rochester, 259-82, on Friday and Saturday.
Guyton earned the first-place finish in the 100 Fly, edging senior Lyle Wagner with a time of 52.16. He swam a leg in the Knights' winning 200 Medley Relay, 400 Medley Relay, and 200 Free Relay as the team earned top finishes in 18 out of 19 events in the dual meet. Seniors Jeff Doser and Samuel Randall along with junior Clark Davis and sophomore Mitchell Phelps each won multiple individual events as well. Randall broke his own State University of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) and Geneseo program record in the one-meter (571.05) and set a program record in the three-meter as well (591.08).
The Knights move to 6-2 in dual meets this season and will return to action on Saturday, Feb. 3 when they host the Geneseo Invitational at Erie Community College.
TOP GENESEO FINISHERS
200 Medley Relay
1. Cole, Sampson, Guyton, Doser 1:36.45
2. Phelps, Modelewski, Wagner, Harkins 1:38.31
1. Mitchell Phelps 55.31
1. Kaz Sampson 59.59
400 Free Relay
1. Secord, Eng, Ruggiero, Doser 3:11.85
3. Guyton, Cole, Wilson, Davis 3:18.41
400 Medley Relay
1. Cole, Sampson, Guyton, Harkins 3:33.58
1. Harry Harkins 4:53.20
200 Free Relay
1. Secord, Guyton, Harkins, Doser 1:25.86
3. Eng, Modelewski, Phelps, Wagner 1:28.36