BROCKPORT, N.Y. - The SUNY Geneseo men's soccer team recorded eight shots on goal, but fell to State University of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) rival Brockport, 5-0, on Saturday afternoon.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Knights had early opportunities as senior midfielder Austin DeRidder and senior forward Gavin Gleasman each recorded shots on goal in the first 10 minutes, but Brockport opened the scoring in the 11th minute.
- The Golden Eagles added a goal on a header in the 19th minute, and took a 2-0 lead into the halftime break.
- In the 50th minute, the Knights surrendered a penalty that Brockport finished to extend their lead to 3-0.
- The Golden Eagles added a pair of late goals to earn the victory, 5-0.
- Junior goalkeeper Liam Dole made a career-high nine saves, but took the loss.
- The Knights finished with eight shots on goal while Brockport tallied 14.
Geneseo (5-6-3, 2-4-1) will face Nazareth on Tuesday, October 16 at 4:00 p.m.