FREDONIA, N.Y. - The SUNY Geneseo men's soccer team suffered a 1-0 double overtime defeat at State University of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) rival Fredonia on Saturday afternoon.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Knights outshot the Devils, 9-7, through the first 90 minutes of regulation, but placed only one shot on goal.
- Senior back Greg Baumstein had a header ring off the post in the 85th minute, nearly giving the Knights a late lead.
- Junior goalkeeper Dillon Medd made five saves through the first and second half to preserve the tie and force overtime.
- In the second overtime period, Fredonia finished off a cross from the right side to earn the golden-goal victory.
- Geneseo (3-4-3) allowed just one corner kick and earned five.
- Junior midfielder Junsei Ro recorded the Knights' lone shot on goal.
The Knights return home for a SUNYAC battle with Oneonta on Friday, Oct. 5 at 4:00 p.m.