GENESEO, N.Y. - SUNY Geneseo junior midfielder Junsei Ro and senior forward Noah Van Zandt each tallied goals as the Knights earned a 2-1 victory over visiting Houghton on Tuesday night at College Stadium.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- In the second minute of the game, junior forward Bryan Wager gained space down the right flank and crossed the ball to the far post where Ro was waiting to put it in, giving the Knights an early lead.
- Houghton scored the equalizer early in the second half, burying a breakaway to draw level.
- In the 55th minute, senior midfielder Gavin Gleasman beat a defender on the right side, drew out the goalkeeper and centered a pass to Van Zandt who finished on an open net to put Geneseo ahead, 2-1.
- Junior goalkeeper Liam Dole made five saves to earn his second career goalkeeping win. His only other goalkeeping win came in a victory over Houghton, 1-0, in 2016.
- Van Zandt and Ro each scored their first career goals.
- Geneseo improved to 3-0-1 against Houghton in the two teams last four meetings.
- Head coach Mark Howlett earned his first career win at the helm.
The Knights (1-2-2) will host Hobart on Saturday, Sept. 15 at 7:00 p.m.