SARATOGA SPRINGS, N.Y. - SUNY Geneseo junior back Caleb Murthy netted the tying goal in the 82nd minute and junior goalkeeper Dillon Medd made a pair of saves in extra time as the Knights took a 1-1 draw at Skidmore on Friday night.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Thoroughbreds pulled ahead in the first half, scoring off of a deflection in the 26th minute.
- In the 82nd minute, junior midfielder Junsei Ro crossed in a corner that Murthy got his head to and direct to the low corner, beating the Skidmore keeper to tie the game.
- The Knights had a pair of scoring opportunities in the second overtime period, when first-year midfielder Ari Samoohy had a shot go high and junior forward Bryan Wager had his attempt turned away as Geneseo took the draw.
- Murthy scored the fourth goal of his career, netting one last season and two in his first-year campaign.
- Medd made six saves, bringing his season total to 16 saves in three games.
- The Knights have now played two consecutive overtime contests, taking draws in both. Geneseo played five overtime games last season, posting a 2-1-2 record in those bouts.
The Knights return to the field on Saturday, when they travel to Troy, N.Y. to take on Rensselaer.