ERIE, Pa. - SUNY Geneseo junior goalkeeper Dillon Medd made seven saves as the Knights earned a draw at Penn State Behrend, 0-0, in the second day of the Herb Lauffer Memorial Tournament Saturday.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Geneseo and Penn State Behrend went scoreless through regulation as the Knights outshot the hosts, 9-8.
- In the first overtime Medd was called into action, making a pair of saves in the 92nd and 98th minute to keep the game level.
- In the second extra period, junior forward Bryan Wager put a shot on goal in the 107th minute, but the PSU Behrend keeper made the stop.
- The Knights and Nittany Lions each ripped 11 shots, though Geneseo won the corner kick battle, 6-5.
- Geneseo has not lost its last five overtime contests dating back to last season, posting a 2-0-3 record. The team's only overtime loss last season came to Penn State Behrend, 1-0 (Sept. 3).
The Knights will head to Saratoga Springs on Friday, Sept. 7 for a contest against Skidmore.