ERIE, Pa. - SUNY Geneseo first-year forward Ari Samoohy and sophomore back Jack Maher each scored, but the Knights' comeback bid fell short as the team dropped a 3-2 decision to Baldwin-Wallace in the Herb Lauffer Memorial Tournament hosted by Penn State Behrend on Friday night.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Samoohy scored his first collegiate goal off of a throw-in that was sent into the box. Senior forward Austin DeRidder earned an assist on the play as the Knights took a 1-0 lead in the sixth minute.
- Baldwin-Wallace responded with three consecutive goals, scoring in the ninth, 31st and the 52nd minute to take a 3-1 lead.
- Maher netted his first-career goal in the 61st minute to draw Geneseo back to within one score.
- The Knights had a pair of corner kick opportunities late in the game but could not convert on the chances.
- Geneseo outshot Baldwin-Wallace 11-8, putting nine shots on goal.
- Junior goalkeeper Dillon Medd made three saves on the night.
- Nine yellow cards were issued in the game.
Geneseo will take on host Penn State Behrend on the second day of the Herb Lauffer Memorial Tournament on Saturday at 7:30 p.m.