GENESEO, N.Y. - The SUNY Geneseo men's soccer team fell to Potsdam, 1-0, in State University of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) play on Friday afternoon at College Stadium.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Knights' best first half scoring opportunity occurred after senior forward Joey Vucic broke away from defenders and just missed a shot from the right side of the goal.
- In the second half senior back Kevin McGrath had a header off a corner kick by junior back Greg Baumstein saved by Potsdam goalkeeper Jakeb Mitchell.
- The Bears junior midfielder Jorge Ferrer scored from the top of box off a deflection in the 59th minute.
- The Knights outshot the Bears 31-7, including a 10-2 differential in shots on goal.
- Geneseo earned six corner kicks while holding Potsdam without any.
- The Knights remain sixth in the SUNYAC playoff picture after losses by Plattsburgh and Fredonia.
Geneseo takes on Plattsburgh in the final conference game of the season. A win would clinch the Knights' first postseason berth since 2014.