NEW PALTZ, N.Y. - SUNY Geneseo senior forward Joey Vucic and junior back Greg Baumstein each netted a goal as the Knights earned an important State University of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) road victory over New Paltz on Saturday afternoon, 2-0.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Baumstein opened the scoring with a goal off of a set piece in the sixth minute of play, giving Geneseo an early lead.
- Sophomore goalkeeper Dillon Medd finished with six saves, including a diving save on a free kick near the end of the first period, to preserve the clean sheet.
- In the 72nd minute, Vucic added an insurance goal, burying a rebound to put the Knights ahead 2-0.
- Vucic's goal marked his third of the season, tying sophomore forward Bryan Wager for the team lead.
- Medd earned the win in net and recorded his second shutout of the season.
- Geneseo improves to 24-4-2 all-time against New Paltz, including two straight wins against the Hawks.
The Knights (5-4-1, 2-2-0 SUNYAC) will play host to Nazareth on Tuesday, October 3 at College Stadium.