HOUGHTON, N.Y. - SUNY Geneseo senior forward Joey Vucic netted the eventual game-winning goal three minutes into the game and added an assist in the final minutes as the Knights earned a victory over Houghton College, 2-0, on Wednesday evening.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Vucic struck gold in the third minute of play, giving the Knights a 1-0 lead over the Highlanders.
- In the 89th minute, Vucic found sophomore forward Bryan Wager for a score on a counter as Houghton pressed forward, leaving itself exposed in the back.
- Sophomore goalkeeper Dillon Medd earned his first shutout of the season, turning away the only shot on goal he faced.
- Vucic and Wager each scored their second goal of the season while Vucic earned his first assist of the year.
- Geneseo has only trailed its opponent for 11 minutes this season, when they fell behind Skidmore, 2-1, for a short stretch in the second half.
- The Knights outshot Houghton, 17-5, and earned six corner kicks to the Highlanders' three.
Geneseo (3-1-1) will take on Hobart on Saturday (Sept. 16) at 2:00 p.m. in Geneva, N.Y.