GENESEO, N.Y. - The SUNY Geneseo men's lacrosse team lost to visiting Clarkson, 11-4, Friday afternoon.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Clarkson opened a 5-0 lead after 15 minutes of play before Knights' got on the board on a goal by first-year midfielder Sean Byrne with 1:20 left in the second.
- The Golden Knights (4-1-) answered 13 second later to carry a 6-1 edge into halftime.
- Clarkson out-scored Geneseo, 3-1, in the third quarter to carry a 9-2 lead into the fourth.
- First-year midfielder Jake Steffen notched an unassisted tally with 9:07 left in regulation, but two more tallies by the visitors put the game out of reach.
- Clarkson finished the game with a 38-29 shot advantage as well as a 33-20 edge in ground balls.
- Knights' junior goalie Tyler Wetzel was credited with 11 saves in the loss.
Geneseo heads to Morrisville on Monday (March 18) for a 4:00 p.m. face-off with the Mustangs to kick off a three-game road swing.