GENESEO, N.Y. - SUNY Geneseo first-year midfielder Jake Steffen totaled two goals and an assist but it was visiting Baldwin Wallace earning the 13-10 victory, Wednesday.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Baldwin Wallace (5-0) scored the lone two goals of the first quarter, before Geneseo answered with back-to-back goals by Steffen at 13:55 and sophomore midfielder Jake Bucci at 13:07 of the second quarter.
- The Yellow Jackets scored two goals to retake a 4-2 lead at 6:36, but the Knights scored twice in the final two minutes of the quarter to knot the score, 4-4, at halftime. Junior attackman Matt Malone tallied at 1:52 before sophomore midfielder Cameron Chiodo scroed with 11 seconds on the clock.
- Baldwin Wallace out-scored Geneseo, 5-1, in the third quarter. The Yellow Jackets scored two goals in the first three minutes before first-year midfielder Sean Byrne scored at 8:42. Baldwin Wallace finished the quarter with three-unanswered tallies and scored at 12:52 of the fourth to build a 10-5 lead.
- Geneseo put together a 4-1 run to pull within two, 12-10. First-year attackman Kevin Cook scored at 9:42 before Bucci added his second of the game at 8:21. Cook scored again at the 7:42 mark to make it an 11-9 deficit.
- Baldwin Wallace re-took a three-goal lead, 12-9, at 7:02, before senior midfielder Jack Centore tallied at 6:31.
- The Yellow Jackets close the game with a goal with 3:09 remaining to put the game out of reach.
- Baldwin Wallace finished with a 40-20 advantage in shots.
- Junior goalie Tyler Wetzel compiled eight saves in 39:28 of action before junior goalie Bryce Kelly made one save in 20:32 of action in his season debut.
- First-year midfielder Ryan Lee won 7-of-15 face-offs while picking up a team-high six ground balls.
Geneseo hosts Clarkson on Friday (March 15) at 4:00 p.m.