GENESEO, N.Y. – SUNY Geneseo first-year midfielder James Pratt scored two goals but it was visiting Oswego earning a 5-3 victory, Sunday, in State University of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) men's lacrosse.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Following a scoreless first quarter, Oswego opened a 2-0 lead at 11:12 of the second with a pair of goals in just over a two-minute span. Pratt got the Knights on the board with 2:34 on the clock to make it a 2-1 deficit after 30 minutes of play.
- Oswego took a 3-1 lead with 5:40 left in the third quarter before sophomore attackman Matthew Malone got Geneseo back within one, 3-2, with 1:14 left.
- Pratt tied the game with 13:02 remaining in regulation, but Oswego scored two unanswered tallies while holding the Knights off the board to earn the victory.
- Geneseo finished with a 28-20 advantage in ground balls, including a game-high six by senior defenseman Ryan Cates.
- Knights' sophomore goalie Tyler Wetzel totaled nine saves as Oswego finished with a 32-21 edge in shots.
Geneseo hosts Potsdam next Saturday (Apr. 21) at 1:00 p.m.