Mar 10, 2018
CANTON, N.Y. – The SUNY Geneseo men's lacrosse team fell at No. 10 St. Lawrence, 8-5, Saturday.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- St. Lawrence notched a pair of goals in the final five minutes of the first quarter for a 2-0 lead heading into the second quarter.
- First-year midfielder James Pratt put the Knights (1-1) on the board with a bounce shot with 11:45 on the second quarter clock.
- St. Lawrence (2-0) made it a 3-1 game with a tally at 11:45, but Geneseo first-year attackman Connor Griffin stung a six-yard shot to convert a man-up attempt that made it a 3-2 game with 7:50 on the second-quarter clock.
- The Saints tacked on a pair of goals in the last five minutes of the second quarter to carry a 5-2 lead into halftime and tallied two more in a two-minute span of the third to lead, 7-2, with 4:21 on the clock.
- Junior attackman Zachary DeBottis (3:39) and sophomore attackman Dillon Rogers (2:26) scored back-to-back goals that pulled the visitors back within three, 7-4, heading into the final quarter.
- The Saints made it an 8-4 game with 11:42 remaining before Knights' senior midfielder Andrew Cummings closed the scoring with 34 second left in regulation.
- Geneseo senior goalie Michael Yehl was credited with 12 saves in the loss.
- Senior midfielder Mark Friske won 8-of-16 faceoff while picking up a team-high five ground balls.
- St. Lawrence out-shot the Knights, 37-26.
Geneseo travels to Virginia to take on Ithaca this Thursday (March 15) at 1:00 p.m.