GENESEO, N.Y. – SUNY Geneseo junior forward Conlan Keenan notched two goals and an assist, including the 100th point of his career, to lead the No. 2 Knights to a 4-0 victory over visiting Brockport in State University of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) men's ice hockey, Friday.
Geneseo (12-1-1, 7-1-1 SUNYAC) established a program record with its ninth-consecutive win.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Junior forward Andrew Romano dug a puck off the boards behind the Golden Eagle net and flipped it to the low slot for a Keenan one-timer inside the left post with 1:44 left in the first period.
- The Knights took a 3-0 lead with two goals in a two-minute stretch of the second period. Senior forward Arthur Gordon scored on a glove-side-high wrist shot from the top of the left face-off circle at 7:38 before junior forward David Szmyd finished a Geneseo rush off a short feed in front from Keenan at 5:38.
- Keenan cleaned up a lose puck in front of the Brockport net for his second power-play tally of the game to put the Knights up 4-0 with 11:32 left in the third period.
- Geneseo has not allowed a goal since the third period of its 4-1 victory at Williams (Nov. 25), stringing together three-straight shutouts for the first time in the 44-year history of the program.
- Keenan became the 27th player in Knights' history to score 100 career points after entering the night with 99 over the last three seasons.
- Romano was credited with three assists to retake the Division III-lead with 22 this season. Extending his scoring streak to 15-straight games dating back to last season, he became the third player in program history to compile 70-career assists on his third helper of the night.
- Senior goalie Devin McDonald notched a season-high 28 saves to improve to 11-1-1 and earn his Division III-leading seventh shutout of the campaign.
- Geneseo hosted its eighth-annual Teddy Bear Toss, as fans threw stuffed animals on the ice after Keenan's first goal to be donated to local charities.
The Knights' are off until the New Year when they travel to Nazareth on Saturday, Jan. 5th for a 7:00 p.m. face-off at the Bill Gray's Iceplex in Henrietta, N.Y.