HERSHEY, Pa. – SUNY Geneseo sophomore forward Conlan Keenan and junior defenseman Duggie Lagrone each notched a goal and an assist as a four-goal third period led the No. 8/11 Knights to a 6-0 shutout at Lebanon Valley, Friday.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Geneseo (10-4-1) scored the lone goal of the first period on a tally by sophomore forward Devin Brink with 4:44 remaining.
- Lagrone notched a power play goal with 7:51 on the second period clock as the Knights hit the second intermission with a 2-0 lead.
- Sophomore defenseman Cam Russell opened the decisive third-period run with only 1:20 elapsed.
- Sophomore forward Andrew Romano converted another Geneseo power-play attempt just under three minutes later before senior defenseman Pat Condon scored with 11:21 left in regulation.
- Keenan tacked on the final goal of the game with 2:17 remaining to close the scoring.
- Junior goalie Devin McDonald was credited with 15 saves to preserve Geneseo's first shutout of the 2017-18 campaign.
- The Knights finished the evening with a 46-15 advantage in shots.
- Lebanon Valley was whistled for 10 penalties while Geneseo killed off four penalties of their own.
Geneseo will face-off with host Stevenson on Saturday (Jan. 13) at 3:30 p.m.