BROCKPORT, N.Y. – Six goal scorers led No. 7/8 SUNY Geneseo to a 6-2 victory at Brockport in State University of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) men's ice hockey action, Friday.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- First-year forward Gordon Helmuth opened the scoring in the fifth minute of action for the lone goal of the first period.
- The teams combined for three goals in less than two minutes in the second period. Sophomore forward Devin Brink started the flurry with 12:20 on the clock before Brockport answered less than a minute later. Junior forward Arthur Gordon put the visitors back on top by two at 10:31.
- First-year Dan Bosio found the net with 3:35 remaining in the period before the Golden Eagles answered a minute later as Geneseo carried a 4-2 edge into the final period.
- Sophomore forward Conlan Keenan and senior defenseman Pat Condon scored two unanswered goals during a 1:42 stretch midway through the third period to seal the victory.
- The Knights out-shot Brockport, 33-24.
- Junior goalie Devin McDonald stopped 22 Brockport shots to improve to 7-2-1 this winter.
- Geneseo (8-3-1, 6-2-1 SUNYAC) heads into winter break atop the SUNYAC standings.
The Knights will take on the University of New England on Jan. 5 in the first round of the Northfield Savings Bank Holiday Tournament, hosted by Norwich (Vt.) with the championship and consolation games scheduled for Jan. 6.