GENESEO, N.Y. – SUNY Geneseo junior forward Anthony Marra scored his first two goals of the season to lead the No. 8 Knights past visiting No. 13/14 Plattsburgh, 4-1, Saturday night, in State University of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) men's ice hockey.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Geneseo opened the scoring less than two minutes into the game after sophomore forward Conlan Keenan hit senior defenseman Pat Condon pinching in from the point for a one-timer.
- Plattsburgh responded just over a minute later after first-year forward Rick McCartney cleaned up a rebound from close range.
- Marra put the Knights back on top after finishing a two-on-one break with sophomore forward Andrew Romano with 11:30 remaining in the first period.
- After Plattsburgh was saddled with a boarding penalty 38 seconds into the second period, Romano dug a loose puck out of the left corner to Keenan, who circled around and sniped a shot inside the left post 1:35 into the second period.
- Marra buried a rebound to finish a Geneseo break with just under 11 minutes left in the second period for the final goal of the game as the Knights held the Cardinal scoreless for the final 37 minutes of the contest.
- Romano has tallied at least two assists in five of the Knights' six outings this season, compiling all his team-high 12 points on assists.
- Keenan has scored a team-high five goals to go along with three assists in Geneseo's last four games,
- Junior goalkeeper Devin McDonald finished the evening with 25 saves for his fifth win of the season.
Geneseo will play a pair of SUNYAC road games next Friday and Saturday (Nov. 17-18) at Morrisville. Friday's game is set for a 7:00 p.m. face-off followed by a 4:00 p.m. start on Saturday.