GENESEO, N.Y. - The SUNY Geneseo men's basketball team hosts Oswego in the State University of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) Tournament Quarterfinals, Tuesday, at 7:00 p.m. in Schrader Gymnasium.
ABOUT THE KNIGHTS
- Despite dropping its final two games of the regular season, Geneseo earned the fourth seed in the SUNYAC Tournament to mark its sixth-consecutive playoff appearance. Hosting its first postseason game since 2014, Geneseo battles Oswego in a rematch of the regular season finale.
- Junior guard Quinn Carey leads the Knights and stands ninth in the SUNYAC with 15.2 points per game, including a pair of season-high 31-point performances against Hamilton (Jan. 16) and New Paltz (Feb. 9). He leads the conference with 88 three-pointers and ranks fifth in the league in three-point percentage (.438).
- Sophomore forward Tommy Eastman ranks second in the SUNYAC with 9.6 rebounds per game and is tied for 12th with 14.4 points per game. He has also compiled a conference-best 12 double-doubles.
- Junior guard Zack Panebianco is 14th in the league with 13.4 points per game and also sits fourth with 3.6 assists per game.
- Geneseo ranks second in the SUNYAC with a .468 field goal percentage while holding opponents to a .338 percentage, which is third-best in the conference.
- The Knights own a 13-12 record in the first round of the SUNYAC Tournament, but have fallen in each of their last two appearances. Geneseo has faced Oswego seven times in postseason play, including a 63-61 victory over the Lakers in the 1998 SUNYAC Championship game.
ABOUT THE LAKERS
- Defending SUNYAC Champion Oswego finished the season with four wins in five games to earn the fifth seed in this year's tournament.
- Senior guard Jamir Ferebee leads the team with 15.9 points per game, while senior guard Ian Schupp (12.0) and junior center Tyler Pierre (10.1) each average double-figure scoring.
- Pierre ranks eighth in the conference in field goal percentage (54.0) while his 8.3 rebounds per game are good for fourth in the league.
- The Lakers earned a 72-70 win over the host Knights (Jan. 26) when Schupp hit a game-winning jumper as time expired, and closed the regular season with a 65-58 victory over visiting Geneseo to sweep the season series.
- The Lakers lay claim to the conference's stingiest defense, holding opponents to 69.4 points per game while ranking second in the league in turnovers per game (11.8) and third in rebounding margin (+3.2).
- Oswego owns a 4-2 mark against Geneseo in the SUNYAC Tournament, including wins in the 2015 semifinals and 2016 first round.
Tuesday's winner will advance to play at top-seeded Plattsburgh in Friday's semifinals, slated for 7:30 p.m. The SUNYAC Championship game is slated for Saturday at 4:00 p.m. at Plattsburgh.