BUFFALO, N.Y. - SUNY Geneseo sophomore forward Tommy Eastman scored 23 points and snagged 11 rebounds to record his 10th double-double of the season as the Knights earned a State University of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) victory, defeating host Buffalo State, 82-74, Tuesday night.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Knights (11-9, 8-5 SUNYAC) opened the game with three straight triples, one each from senior guard Kevin Crockett and junior guards Zack Panebianco and Quinn Carey, triggering an 18-7 run in the first 4:30 of play.
- The Bengals used a 19-11 run to cut the lead to three points, 29-26, with 7:11 to play in the first half, but Geneseo held the hosts at bay and took a 44-41 lead into the break.
- The Knights never trailed in the second half, running the lead back up to double-digits on an Eastman layup with 15:31 to play.
- Buffalo State pulled back to within three points, 63-60, with 10:47 to go, but Panebianco and senior forward Jordi Menkhorst combined for seven-straight points to move ahead 70-60 with 8:53 remaining.
- The Bengals cut the lead to five points in the final minutes, but Crockett went 4-for-4 from the foul line in the final minute to help Geneseo seal the win.
- Eastman tied a career-high with his 23-point performance, and also matched his best shooting performance of the season, going 10-for-15 from the floor.
- Crockett finished with 16 points while Panebianco scored 19 and Menkhorst netted nine.
- The Knights improve to 8-1 on the season when shooting 50.0% or better from the floor, going 31-for-57 (54.4%) on the night.
The Knights will return to action on Saturday, Feb. 3 with a 3:00 p.m. tip-off against SUNYAC rival Brockport.