PLATTSBURGH, N.Y. - SUNY Geneseo junior guard Zack Panebianco netted 27 points while sophomore forward Tommy Eastman scored 22 and pulled 12 rebounds but the Knights fell to State University of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) foe Plattsburgh, 79-73, on Friday night.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Knights (8-7, 5-4 SUNYAC) jumped out to an early lead, 11-6, four minutes into the game, but the Cardinals responded with five straight points on the next two possessions to tie the game.
- Geneseo fell behind, 26-24, with 7:52 remaining and were held to three points for the remainder of the first half as the Cardinals extended their advantage to 32-27 at the halftime break.
- In the second half, Plattsburgh led by as many as 13 points, 53-40, with 11:31 to play, but the Knights rallied to within six points with 3:49 to go.
- An Eastman layup in the final seconds made it a four-point game, 77-73, but it was as close as the Knights would draw as the Cardinals earned the win.
- Eastman recorded his seventh double-double of the season, coming one point shy of tying a career-high (23, two times).
- Junior guard Quinn Carey added 13 points, marking his sixth double-figure scoring effort in his last seven games.
- The Knights shot 27-for-57 (47.4%) from the floor, but lost the rebounding battle, 45-29.
- Plattsburgh recorded 39 bench points while the Knights scored two.
Geneseo will travel to SUNYAC rival Potsdam on Saturday afternoon at 3:00 p.m.