GENESEO, N.Y. - SUNY Geneseo junior guard Zack Panebianco notched 19 points while junior guard Quinn Carey scored 18 and sophomore forward Tommy Eastman added 15 to propel the Knights to a victory over Houghton, 85-78, on Saturday at Schrader Gymnasium.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Houghton (3-6) took an early 11-7 lead but the Knights responded with an 11-0 run to take an 18-11 advantage with 14:40 to play in the first half and never trailed from that point on.
- Geneseo (5-5) led by as many as 15 points in the first half, and went into the halftime break leading the Highlanders, 45-35.
- The Knights held off the visitors for most of the second half, but the Highlanders used a 9-2 run to draw to within two points with 31 seconds remaining.
- Panebianco and Eastman combined to sink five foul shots to extend the Geneseo lead while Eastman recorded a steal and a block in the final 30 seconds to keep the Highlanders off the board and close out the game.
- Geneseo shot 50.0% (27-for-54) from the floor for the third time this season. The Knights are 3-0 in games in which they shoot 50.0% or better from the floor.
- All 18 of Carey's points came from behind the arc. He leads the SUNYAC in made three-point field goals per game (3.4).
- Eastman finished one rebound shy of his fourth-consecutive double-double. Over his last four games, the sophomore has averaged 14.5 points per game and 11.5 rebounds per game.
The Knights will return to action in the new year, traveling to Brockport on Friday, Jan. 5.