OSWEGO, N.Y. - SUNY Geneseo senior forward Gabriella Clare tallied two goals and one assist to lead the Knights to a 5-0 victory against Oswego in State University of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) play, Saturday.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Clare opened scoring with a short goal in the 23rd minute after receiving a pass from sophomore midfielder Jordan Penkitis.
- Less than four minutes later, senior defender Lydia Volpe scored Geneseo's second goal one yard from the goal line.
- With 32:08 on the second-half clock senior midfielder Tess Necaise grabbed a rebound to score an unassisted goal.
- Just over two minutes later Clare notched her second goal of the afternoon to advance the Knights' lead to 4-0.
- With nearly five minutes left in the contest, Penkitis added a goal shot from the top of the circle.
- Geneseo (6-3-0, 3-0-0 SUNYAC) outshot Oswego (4-4-1, 1-2-0 SUNYAC), 33-0, with a 20-0 advantage in penalty corners.
- The Knights' have held their last four opponents without a penalty corner.
- Necaise scored her first goal on the season.
- Clare scored two goals for the third-consecutive outing for her 12th multiple-goal game overall.
Geneseo returns home to face Houghton on Wednesday (Oct. 3) at 7:00 p.m.